War,1600 bC

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

system1988
Hetairos (companion)

War,1600 bC

Post by system1988 »

http://www.lifo.gr/now/culture/108553

First time exposed since H. Schliemann found it at Mycenae, the silver vase with the golden one within.Funeral of a 18 years old prince 1600 bC. Scene of battle : two groups of warriors with different-shaped shields using spears and bows
Πάντες άνθρωποι του ειδέναι ορέγονται φύσει
Alexias
Strategos (general)

Re: War,1600 bC

Post by Alexias »

Fascinating, thanks. I hope this post means John is safe at home and not in Germany at the moment?
system1988
Hetairos (companion)

Post by system1988 »

Thank you for your comment.This vase is from a very rich funeral ,but alas i cant translate more.

John is in Germany.i called him and he enjoys a party with studens from all the world testing various food from each country Added to not bother him ,and that cannot live " constantly in fear '

I fear
Alexias
Strategos (general)

Post by Alexias »

He is young. Fortunately they fear less than their elders or the world would not have produced Alexander!
system1988
Hetairos (companion)

Post by system1988 »

Alexias wrote:He is young. Fortunately they fear less than their elders or the world would not have produced Alexander!

This is John. What you say is true. But if we fear to go to public places and live our lives in fear then the terrorists achieve their strategic goal and win. I will never let them win and live my life free, unafraid. That's my answer to them.

By the way, thanks for th concern but I am afraid I am not even close to Alexander's courage and indominable will to get away from his teacher- Aristotelis. That is why he went as far away from him and his mother- he could not just stay any more in Greece, much like modern Greeks who migrate to get away from our mothers and our teachers.

Best from Germany

John
delos13
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by delos13 »

Thank you very much for sharing.
hiphys
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by hiphys »

Really interesting te picture with the warriors. It is similar to the one in the well-known Mycenaean knife, in which there are two different typologies of shields. Thanks for sharing!
sean_m
Hetairos (companion)

Post by sean_m »

Alexias wrote:Fascinating, thanks. I hope this post means John is safe at home and not in Germany at the moment?
Someone once told me that if something is headline news, its almost always something so unusual that it should be ignored. Its the dangers which we are familiar with which are worth worrying about: abusive partners, chronic health problems, traffic accidents, debts that we can't pay ...

Twenty years ago a dozen people were murdered in Quebec for having the audacity to attend a university which was known for teaching women engineering. There is now a holiday in their memory at most universities in Canada. I could tell you a bit about the victims. As for the murderer, and what his name is, and whether he is alive or dead ... I don't know, he is not worth remembering.
My blog (Warning: may contain up to 95% non-Alexandrian content, rated shamelessly philobarbarian by 1 out of 1 Plutarchs)